2. Jewelry is another failsafe gift choice for the fairer sex. But, like with flowers, you may have to do a little research to ensure that the piece you purchase is truly something that your intended will love, appreciate and wear. Often gift givers, purchase gifts that either appeals to their sensibilities or gifts that they’d like to see someone wear/use, even when it’s NOT something that the recipient would wear/use in a million years. This bracelet is a very common style from Tiffany & Co. And just like with flowers, it’s always good to build a relationship with a preferred jeweler/salesperson. Also, like with flowers, you need to figure out what brand/style of jewelry the lady in your life likes: necklaces vs. bracelets, gold vs. silver, diamonds vs. pearls, Tiffany & Co. vs. Zales, etc. Do your homework. “A happy wife, makes for a happy life.”
3. Fragrance can be tricky. Too often, men steping into department stores are bombarded with scent choices; from those sprayed onto strips of paper, misted into thin air or onto a beautiful salesgirl’s wrist and sometimes on your wrist. It can be a dizzying affair. Years after I stopped dating this one young lady, I continued to use Tiffany & Co's perfume as a car freshner, because while I had fallen out of love with her, I remained in love with the fragrance. TIP: Look on your lady’s vanity & pick the bottle that’s almost empty... That’s the fragrance you can purchase next.
4. I recently came across a rather unique gift option on Oprah’s website: a mini Clementine Trees from Four Winds Growers. It may not be for everyone, but I know that it’ll appeal to the gardener or food enthusiast in your life. $22-$40
5. No, these laquer storage boxes are not from that venerable New York jeweler, Tiffany & Co. (I won’t tell if you don’t.) But what, a wonderful alternative to the staid jewelry boxes of yesterday. Actually, these beautiful storage cases are from Swing Design, and can be stacked on a dresser or displayed anywhere in the home. And, they come in a variety of sizes and other color combinations: black/white, pink/white, white/grey...
6. I thought that this was a very fun and unique gift: a miniature victrola (iVictrola) for your iPhone/iPad. They are a bit pricey, but, hey, this is Mother's Day we're talking about. Find them on sites such as etsy (starting
at $442) and DWR $985. (Click here to see a video I found, on Youtube, of the iVictrola in action.)
The Perfect Gift:
The Sophisticated Gentleman